1. Your Driving licence and fitness to drive:You must hold a current, valid driving license – provisional, full or international. Your driving instructor will need to see it (in advance of) or on your first training session.It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to drive. Failure to ensure that you are medically and legally fit to drive could result in action being taken by the Police or Crown prosecution service. Your instructor reserves the right to cancel your driving lesson or refuse the use of the school car for the driving test if there is any suspicion of impairment because of illness, drugs or alcohol.
2. Payments and Cancellation:Tuition fees are normally payable in advance. Failure to give less than 48 hours notice of cancellation of a lesson may result in a cancellation fee being charged. A cancellation fee will be payable if an instructor is concerned that a pupil is unfit to drive. (Payment can be made by bank transfer, cash or cheque but cheques offered for payment that are subsequently refused by the bank will be subject to an administration charge of £15.00).Your instructor will do everything possible to ensure that lessons start and finish on time but in the event of e.g. bad weather or traffic conditions necessitating cancellation or curtailment, fees will be credited.
3.Covid-19 – special conditions
We would prefer for lessons to be paid for by bank transfer or invoice online before the lesson starts however; we can also accept cash if an alternative is not possible.
At this time clients must wear a mask or suitable face covering during the lesson.
Instructors will also wear appropriate PPE and will ensure that all contact points in the vehicle are thoroughly wiped down prior to the client commencing their lesson.
There will be no cancellation fee if a client needs to cancel a lesson if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19, however there will be no lessons taken for a further 14 days.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If a client develops a persistent cough, or shows symptoms of COVID-19 during the lesson, then the lesson will be immediately terminated and the client will be taken home, a charge for the lesson may be payable if a lesson is terminated after it has started.
No sum will be payable if it is terminated ‘at the door,’ if the client answers yes to the following questions:
- Have you either been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or has any of the symptoms mentioned above.
- Or are you experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, or are feeling unwell, if you are then you may not take lessons with us for 14 days and you are advised to self-isolate.
Conversely, if your instructor discovers that they themselves have been in contact with someone who has been recently diagnosed with COVID-19, or who has been in contact with someone who has any of the symptoms mentioned above, or are feeling unwell, then they too will have to follow the self-isolation protocols.
Please do not hesitate to ask us or your instructor for advice or support.