What to look for when buying a modified car.
Before buying a new car make sure you do your homework:
- Check around the bumpers to make sure that there are no cracks around the joins.
- Check that the paintwork matches otherwise your mates will notice and never let you live it down.
- If the car is not the original colour make sure it has been changed on the logbook and with the DVLA.
- On a small car even though big wheels look nice they can cause problems with the wishbones and the steering.
- Exhaust to see if it has been put on properly not bodged.
- Check the underneath of any body kit as it will give you a good indication whether it hits the floor or not.
- Make sure that anything that has been changed in the engine i.e. air filter has a receipt as they are prone to go wrong.
- If window tints, make sure that they are legal otherwise you will be the one looking silly when you have to sit at the side of the road and peel them off.
You are liable to get three points per window if the front ones have any tints on them at all.
- If your back lights are tinted make sure they have reflectors on them or you could see yourself getting a £30 fine along with three points.
- Don’t decide straight away as the car may look nice but there maybe problems that the owner has not told you about so be careful.